Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Plan

In order to reach your goals you need to have a plan. This took a bit of research and some experience from a few BAPs. I also had a coaching session with cds0699 on parttimepoker. He provided me with some very useful investment strategies and bankroll management, which will include core elements of my plan. If you are interested in staking I highly recommend getting coaching from him. *Note: If you are unsure of any of the terms here, I have provided links to the glossary on parttimepoker.

Bankroll Strategy:

  • 60-70% will be in low risk BAPs.
  • 10-20% in mid risk BAPs.
  • 1-10% in high risk BAPs.
  • I will not be investing in MADs until my bankroll is at least doubled. They tend to be higher risk and more work for one investment.
  • 80-90% of my bankroll will be invested at any time. This is to keep my money invested so it is not sitting idly. The other 10-20% will allow me to buy into unexpected good BAPs.

Investing Strategies:

  • 3-5% buy-in rule for low risk sng BAPs. These would include heads up, 9 mans, 18 mans, 27 mans, 45 mans and 180s.
  • 2% buy-in rule for mid risk MTT BAPs. For example I would consider a BAP where a player is entering 8 FTOPs events with a clause for 30x45 man sngs to be mid risk.
  • 1% buy-in rule for high risk BAPs. This would be quick hitters such as someone playing only 3-4 events with potential to win big, but a good chance to bust.

These will be the core strategies for my plan. Other things I will be implementing is tracking my stakes, researching player stats and trust issues, as well as continuing research into new strategies and ideas. I will be purchasing merchguy’s tracking software on parttimepoker. I think this will help me pinpoint bad overall stakes.

That covers most of my plan. Of course nothing is set in stone. I may change this over time. If at anytime you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment and I will answer any questions you have. Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment